Knowing How To Hire Great People Is Only Half The Battle… Managing For Maximum Performance Is The Other Half.
As an ambitious entrepreneur who’s committed to growing and scaling your business, you already know that you won’t get there on your own.
The success of your business over the long term hinges on you having a winning team.
And, even though you know that, managing a team and getting the most out of them has so far been easier said than done…
- How do you create a winning culture where your team shows up and wants to crush it?
- How do you delegate so that things get done right without you?
- How do you make sure your team is accountable but doesn’t require micromanagement from you?
- How do you avoid having endless meetings and the feeling of running in circles?
- How do you show up as the leader you know you can be?
If You Don’t Have All These Answers Yet, You’re Not Alone
A majority of entrepreneurs view ‘employee management’ as an annoyance or a hindrance.
Some view their roles as a glorified job creator or babysitter with the weight of their team’s livelihood resting on their already overburdened shoulders.
What If It Weren’t This Way?
Going to work and having all the key information you need to make quick decisions waiting for you – exactly the way you like it, without you having to do the heavy lifting.
Never sacrificing 8 hours of sleep to fix problems because your team is well-equipped, able and willing to solve them without you in the picture – no babysitting, handholding, or paranoia required.
Having open, effective and clear lines of communication with your team members – eliminating slowdowns and maximizing results.
Sounds too good to be true? It’s not.
Now, You Can Learn The Secrets Of How Top 1% Entrepreneurs Create Self-Managed Teams
Entrepreneurs who build their businesses to scale, do ONE thing differently and extraordinarily well. They get deliberate and take charge of their most valuable asset – their team.
And now you can too.
James P. Friel here.
I’m a consultant and CEO who helps entrepreneurs systemize, grow, and scale their businesses by getting them out of the day-to-day operations of running their companies so they can make more money, have more time and freedom.
When I speak to entrepreneurs from stage or in private consultations, I get asked some form of this question ALL THE TIME.
“How Do I Grow Fast Without Burning Out?”
- The answer is NOT some awesome software that makes your life easier…
- It’s certainly not relying on people always working longer and longer hours…
- It’s not more funding from VC’s or Investors or striking it rich with the latest product launch, joint venture or sales funnel.
Because while all those things can be massively helpful
They Are Only A PART Of The Equation.
Unless you’ve stepped up to become the highly engaged, hands-on leader who creates the right culture….
…and leads your team of people equipping them for massive contribution, ownership, and who can make important decisions without you…
The dream of the business you’ve tirelessly been working for will remain just that. An unrealized vision at the expense of burnout.
Bringing with it the heavy costs of unengaged and under-managed leadership such as
- High employee and contractor turnover
- Rockstars quitting unexpectedly because they have a better offer
- Personality conflicts at work that hamper progress and completion.
- Projects getting pushed back and impacting the bottom line.
There’s An Old Saying In The Venture Capital World… “Give Me An “A” Team With A “B” Opportunity And I’ll Still Win.”
You wouldn’t be an entrepreneur if you weren’t able to identify a great opportunity when you see one.
Even starting out and taking risks to make your first sales didn’t slow you down. You did what it took and got your business off the ground.
But, as the saying goes…
“What got you here, won’t get you there.”
The Next Level Of Your Business Is Directly Tied To The Quality Of Your Management And Leadership Ability.
I recently heard a story from Navy S.E.A.L. “Hell Week”…
If you’re not familiar with Hell Week, it’s where Navy S.E.A.L. recruits are put to the ultimate test. Sleep deprivation, physically grueling exercises and are subjected to massive amounts of psychological stress.
During one such Hell Week, the recruits were divided into teams and had to compete in a team obstacle challenge. Each team had a leader.
Over the course of the day, “Team Alpha” kept winning the challenge and getting rewarded with a much-needed break. “Team Delta”, in contrast, was consistently getting last place and had to keep working.
Eventually, the leader from Team Delta complained to the commanding officers and said he kept losing because the people on his team weren’t as good as the ones on Team Alpha.
Knowing the truth, the commanding officers put the leader from Team Delta in charge of Team Alpha and vice versa.
What happened next demonstrates the power of strong leadership.
Team Delta, the team that had been consistently losing, won the very next round of the challenge once they had better leadership.
Which Begs The Question….
How Well Are You Equipped To Be The Best Leader For Your Team That You Can Be?
Successful Entrepreneurs Lead High Performing Self-Managed Teams And Now You Can Too!
Introducing Managing Like A Boss
Module 1: CREATE A WINNING CULTURE
In many entrepreneurial circles, culture is a buzzword that is often talked about but not well understood. Yet, creating a winning culture is one of the surest ways to guarantee the success of your business.
Come Away With:
- Knowing how to choose among the 4 types of cultures that map back to your management style.
- Understanding how to get your team to get fully bought into your Vision, Values, and Standards.
Module 2: DEVELOP YOUR LEADERSHIP ABILITY
Not only does life suck when you have to do everything yourself, but your business doesn’t grow as fast as it’s capable of either. Running your business without being confident when you delegate is like trying to try to run a marathon while breathing through a drinking straw; exhausting and unnecessary.
Come Away With:
- A clear understanding of the Delegation Triangle which makes sure that your team always has clear expectations and can deliver exactly what you’re looking for.
- Ultra-simple, yet powerful tools that will make sure your team has done ALL of the heavy lifting before things get to you.
- A framework for reporting and measuring that will keep you in control EVEN when you’re not the one doing the work.
Module 3: RUNNING PRODUCTIVE MEETINGS
Let’s face it. As an entrepreneur, the last thing in the world you want to spend your time doing is sitting in meetings when you can be getting things done. Meetings can be incredibly powerful, but only when they drive forward outcomes that are important for your goals.
Come Away With:
- Understanding the different types of meetings you and your team actually need and which ones can easily be left behind.
- Templates, examples and best practices for each type of meeting so that your entire team is clear on the purpose of each and every interaction.
- Knowing how to get the best contributions from your entire team regardless of whether they are loud and talkative, quiet and reserved or anywhere in between.
Module 4: PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
According to a recent Gallup poll, a staggering 85% of employees report being disengaged at work. That means for the average business owner or entrepreneur, of every dollar you spend on labor, $0.85 is going to waste. Your team, whether employees or contractors, local or virtual, part-time or full-time need to be managed to achieve their best performance.
Come Away With:
- Knowing how to identify and help the people on your team play to their strengths.
- Simple strategies that work for evaluating compensation, promotions and performance reviews.
- The 3 key things you need to know about everyone who works for you.
Module 5: NAVIGATING TOUGH CONVERSATIONS
It’s time to dig into and learn about the other people in your business. Teammates, contractors, partners and even investors. Learn and understand how to read people immediately and change your approach as the situation dictates.
Come Away With:
- Action steps on how to navigate critical conversations with ease.
- A clear understanding of what causes workplace drama and how to put it to an end once and for all.
- How to get your people more engaged in their work, more consistently.
- Influence other people in an effective way for THEM.
Leading A High Performance Team Is More Critical Than Ever
If you’ve made it this far, you ALREADY know that by not having a high performing, self-managing team your leaving massive amounts of money on the table and stifling the growth of your business.
The Managing Like a Boss System gives you the opportunity to:
- Stop being the emotional babysitter, chief fire attendant, and the resident fact-checker.
- Gain the respect and loyalty from your team because you can communicate clearly, identify and nurture superhero talents and provide much sought after recognition.
- Use simple, proven frameworks that teach you the best ways to delegate, run meetings and manage performance and compensation.
- Set clear expectations for your culture so that your team is enthusiastic and engaged.
Here’s What You Will Receive With:
MANAGING LIKE A BOSS
The No-Hype, Zero Fluff System Designed To Get Maximum Performance From Your Biggest Asset – Your People
- How to get your team to act as a collective unit, play to their superpower strengths, know their kryptonite, leverage the two and work harmoniously.
- How to define clear roles and responsibilities so that employees know where they fit and what they’re responsible for.
- How to create effective, clear and open lines of communication to keep the ‘flywheel’ of your business moving and reducing friction between you and the employees.
- The ONE tool used to identify if your employees need a role change, additional training or dismissal.
- Assess the number of team meetings you truly need, how to get clarity on goals, objectives, objective ownership and measurable results required to keep everyone moving toward the company vision.
- Use the 4-step perfect delegation framework before you execute a single task on your launch calendar – save hours and work on tasks that fall into your ‘zone of genius’ using this framework.
- How to manage personality conflicts in the workplace – Learn the simplest ways to get everyone on your team playing to their strengths and working together.
- And much more!
Are You Ready To Lead A High Performing Self-Managed Team?
So, if you’re still here… let’s wrap up with some real talk.
If you’re ready to stop playing the whack-a-mole approach to leadership and commit to building a business for the long haul…
If you envision yourself growing your business or making it to the 2 Comma Club…
If you’re ready to build a business foundation that allows big, important things to happen on their own without your managerial meddling…
If you’re ready and willing to apply the lessons in this course. I can give you all the tactics, the frameworks, and training videos I give my private clients who pay thousands of dollars for access — but you have to actually use them…
Then Managing Like A Boss Is For You!
Who Is James P. Friel?
James P. Friel is an entrepreneur, consultant, and author who helps entrepreneurs systemize, grow, and scale their businesses by getting them out of the day to day operations of running their companies so they can make more money and have more time and freedom.
Since leaving his corporate position as Global Head of Digital Strategy for HSBC Bank in 2011, James has simultaneously run multiple 7 figure companies and has consulted with CEOs, entrepreneurs, and executive-level staff at companies ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to smaller, more entrepreneurial ventures helping them systematically increase efficiency while also growing their sales.
James holds a Bachelor of Science from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and lives in Boise, Idaho where, in addition to being a student of the game of business, he enjoys working out, drumming and skiing.
Thanks for taking the time to read this letter and I hope you enjoy the MasterClass!
James P. Friel
Hiring-Managing Like a Boss By James Friel, what is it included (Content proof: Watch here!):
- BONUS How To Turn Your Executive Assistant Into An Operations Rockstar
- Hiring Like a Boss
- Managing Like a Boss