Your roadmap to creating a
successful channel with integrity
- Launch your channel
- Create original videos
- Attract your first 1000 true fans and beyond
There’s no better time to start a YouTube channel than right now
The game has changed and anyone (yes, even you!) can create their own platform and share meaningful content with the world.
But chances are,
YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS.
You’ve spent months (maybe even years) watching your favorite YouTubers from the sidelines.
And you’ve started to hear a voice inside saying:
- Maybe I can share my experiences to help someone else.
- Maybe I can build an engaged community of inspiring people.
- Maybe I can make a full-time living from a creative career that fulfills me.
But every time you even think about starting a YouTube channel or continuing to work on your existing one, you end up overwhelmed and stuck.
When you compare your videos to those of your favorite creators…your filming & editing skills are coming up short
You’re determined to start with what you have (even if that’s just your smart phone, a plastic tripod, and a flimsy ring light from Amazon).
But you’re still struggling to figure out the lighting, how to edit your videos, record crystal clear audio, and so much more!
You know making better quality videos takes time and practice…
But when you’re already juggling a hectic college load or a 9-5 job, improving your limited skills has no choice but to take a backseat.
And there’s absolutely no way you’re putting out a less than perfect video – especially if you’re going to be broadcasting your face to strangers on the internet.
Then there’s the content itself –
BECAUSE EVEN WITH BETTER GEAR & SKILLS, YOU STILL DON’T KNOW HOW TO CREATE AN ORIGINAL, ENGAGING VIDEO.
You want to create content in a style your subscribers will know is 100% yours… But that’s really freaking hard to do when every idea you have feels like a copy of someone else’s video.
Even if you did want to add your own perspective, you still have no clue how to package up your information in a compelling way…
Or how to tell a story that’ll keep viewers watching to the very end.
*IF* YOU DO GET AN IDEA THAT’S ORIGINAL AND CAN BE FILMED WITH YOUR LIMITED GEAR, YOU’RE STILL SPENDING HOURS:
- Figuring out where the heck to start
- Writing, editing, and re-writing the script
- Stressing about whether you look stupid or like a robot on camera
OR RESHOOTING 10 TAKES OF YOU SAYING:
To make matters worse, no matter how many tutorials you watch and blog posts you read, it never seems to make a difference
You’re still surfing YouTube videos like it’s an Olympic sport, trying to piece together all the conflicting information
Yet you don’t feel any closer to knowing where to start or how to improve without feeling overwhelmed.
You can’t seem to get your videos in front of your dream audience (or anyone, really), and you wonder if you should just call it quits on this dream.
I think now is the perfect time to take a trip down
my name is
(BUT IF YOU WATCHED THE VIDEO ABOVE, YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW THAT).
I’M A FULL-TIME YOUTUBER, DIRECTOR OF TWO NETFLIX DOCUMENTARIES, AND MY AUDIENCE HAS AN ODD FASCINATION WITH MY BICEPS.
WHEN I STARTED MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL IN 2017, I HAD NO CLUE WHAT I WAS DOING.
Even though I’d been a freelance filmmaker for 8 years, I knew next to nothing about how to use the platform as a creator.
I MEAN…JUST LOOK AT MY VERY FIRST VIDEO
(This got me a whopping 8 subscribers. 6 of them were my siblings)
At the time, I set what felt like an impossible goal of 15,000 subscribers. But I had no roadmap or clear plan how I was going to do that.
Every time I uploaded a video,
I felt like I was posting into a void.
I’d spend hours and hours at the drawing board filming and editing videos, only to get single-digit views. Occasionally, I’d be rewarded with a tiny spike in my subscriber count. But it was quickly followed by a long, long period of stagnated growth.
My ‘strategy’ at the time was to throw a bunch of shit at the wall, just trying to find the tiny sweet spot between what I enjoyed making and what other people wanted to watch.
I experimented with vlogging, interviewing, podcasts, and riffing off the top of my head (yeah…that didn’t go so well).
In between the filming and editing, I compared myself to my favorite creators and I’d think to myself: I’m never going to be that good.
I questioned if I was crazy and deluding myself for thinking I could stop ‘working’ and create my own original videos for a living.
But as I continued to persist with the journey, experimented with new ideas, and focused on telling compelling stories, slowly but surely, I began to see progress.
In 2018, I grew to 50k subscribers within the span of 2 months – a milestone that finally gave me the confidence to go “all-in” on YouTube.
And over the course of 2 years, I’ve managed to build a community of over 3 million subscribers; collab with inspiring creators like Peter McKinnon, Gary Vee, Yes Theory; and most importantly –
create a life where I get to make original videos I really care about.
By now you’re probably wondering what I did to get to this point
(don’t worry, we’ll get to that).
- BUT FIRST, HERE’S WHAT I DIDN’T DO
I didn’t obsess over writing clickbait titles, try to recreate viral videos, or attempt to hack the algorithm.
Because while those tactics may give you a temporary bump in views, it’s not enough to create a sustainable channel (or make you feel good on the inside).
INSTEAD, A TRULY SUCCESSFUL CHANNEL IS ONE THAT GOES FAR BEYOND YOUR SUBSCRIBER COUNT OR REVENUE.
- IT’S ONE WHERE YOU GET TO
- Create meaningful content you’re proud of
- Express your voice and share your story
- Connect with inspiring people and add value to their lives
- Leave behind a job that doesn’t fulfill you and take the leap to the creative career you’ve always dreamed of.
Make no mistake, the path to achieving this can be elusive, frustrating, and outright maddening…
At least if you go at it alone.
But, if you’ve ever wished for a guide to show you the way – look no further.
For the first time ever, I’m revealing everything I’ve learned about how to grow a successful channel.
Master YouTube is designed to help you lay down the foundation you need to create a YouTube channel that’s unique and distinct to you
You won’t find any clickbait tactics or gimmicks that don’t actually teach you how to make good videos.
Instead, you’ll get an inside look into how I operate my channel, my decision-making process when I create a video, and everything I wish I’d known as a brand new creator.
By the end you’ll be able to:
*FINALLY* START YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Let’s tick this off your list of goals once and for all! You’ll know exactly where to start, what to name your channel, and how to breeze through the entire set-up process without the overwhelm.
CREATE ORIGINAL & ENGAGING CONTENT
No more feeling like the rip-off version of your favorite creator. You’ll have developed a solid content strategy so you’ll always know what key topics to make videos about. Plus how to tell compelling stories that’ll hook viewers in from start to finish (and get them to subscribe).
FILM HIGH QUALITY VIDEOS
Don’t let your (lack of) equipment hold you back. You’ll learn the basics of filming yourself on camera, the essential tools you need in your kit, and a solid workflow to take you from idea all the way to a crisp, engaging video.
GROW YOUR REACH
It’s time to put your videos in front of the right audience! You’ll know the process to crafting compelling titles & thumbnails without resorting to clickbait tactics. And how to move through the 4 stages of growth all the way to monetization.
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET THE MINUTE YOU JOIN MASTER YOUTUBE:
Get Clear On Your Vision
Before starting this game-changing journey, you need a final destination in mind. And no trip is complete without a solid plan, a few good friends, and snacks (lots & lots of snacks).
- How the algorithm works and what you need to focus on to beat it
- The 3 keys to success that’ll help you win at the long game
- The mindset shifts you need to make to overcome self-doubt and avoid burnout
- How to build an inner circle of people who will lift you up and support you
- How to develop an original content strategy for your channel, including what topics to explore, who your target audience is, and how to identify your unique style of videos
- The exact email templates I use to pitch YouTubers & creatives I want to collaborate with – these are yours to tweak and personalize!
Build Your Foundation
Let’s get this show on the road! It’s time to pack your bags, fuel up your car, and load up all on your essential gear…which is exactly what we cover in this module.
- A step-by-step walkthrough of how to set-up your channel without the overwhelm (and how to keep it secure)
- A tour of YouTube studio and how to make sense of your metrics – plus what stats I pay attention to and what I ignore
- The essential gear & tools you need (and don’t need) in your kit to start filming and editing
- My tips & tricks to build up your gear kit on a budget – hint: you can find handy substitutes for your gear using common household items
Develop Unique Ideas For Your Channel
“Smooth roads don’t make good drivers. Practice does.” – (A quote we butchered to fit this analogy). The best way to become a successful YouTuber is to consistently create original, engaging videos. This module will show you how.
- The simple production workflow I use to film & upload videos on a consistent basis – never waste time stressing about where to start
- My framework for coming up with original ideas that align with your values and your niche
- How to write an effective title that actually delivers on its promise – no clickbait here!
- How to improve your video’s performance through a simple title change
- The exact checklist I use to decide if a video is worth making or if it’s best left on the cutting room floor
Learn to Make Better Videos (Faster)
Want to bring more people along for the ride? This module will show you how to attract the right ones to your videos so you can grow a community full of engaged fans.
- A walkthrough of how to go from an idea to script to video
- The 6 rules for effective storytelling to keep viewers engaged from start to finish
- The basics of filming yourself. Plus my best tips on picking a location, framing your shot, and talking to camera.
- Learn a process for how to edit your videos twice as fast.
- How to create & edit the movie poster of YouTube Videos: The Thumbnail – including how I use them to tell a story
Grow Your Audience From 0 Subs to your first 1,000 True Fans and Beyond
You started this journey to make a positive impact on people’s lives. So let’s get more eyes on your videos and form the building blocks to make this a living.
- The 3 stages of audience growth and what to do to advance from one stage to the next
- The behind-the-scenes look of how I grew my channel to over 3 million subscribers
- How to monetize your channel with intention and in a way that feels good for you
You didn’t think this course was just theory, did you? We’ve created a 64 page workbook filled to the brim with practical exercises, prompts, and steps to make sure you implement everything you’re learning to your own channel. It’s specially designed to take all the jumbled up thoughts in your head and transform them into tangible ideas for your channel.
COOL…WHAT MAKES THIS DIFFERENT FROM THE 1,435,267 YOUTUBE COURSES OUT THERE?
OTHER YOUTUBE COURSES😔
- Give you the “25 Never Before Seen In Your Life” swipe files and formulas to create ‘viral-worthy’ clickbait titles.
- Assumes you already have the latest high-tech gear and equipment.
- Are painfully basic and only talk about theory.
- Applies to only one type of channel or one type of niche.
- Walks you through the brainstorming & decision-making process behind my top performing titles so you know how to apply it to your channel in a way that feels right for you.
- Goes through what gear you actually need to invest in, and what can wait till later. You’ll get an inside look into my kit, and I’ll show you how simple household tools can be a great substitute for certain equipment.
- Guides you through the practical steps of creating an effective content strategy, brainstorming original ideas, how to edit compelling thumbnails, and so much more. You’ll also see my workflow for getting an idea out of my head and onto your screen.
- The goal here is not to teach you to recreate a channel exactly like mine. It’s to show you how to create original content that’s meaningful to you and in your own style, whether that’s a lifestyle vlog, a gaming channel, or a documentary series.
IS A PERFECT FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You’ve launched your channel but you’re struggling to come up with original ideas and define your style
You’re tired of feeling like you’re copying your favorite creators and you’re ready to create original videos that your subscribers will know is 100% yours.
- You want to expand your reach and grow your channel
You’re on this journey to help people and make a positive impact, so you want to get your videos in front of the right people.
- You’re overwhelmed and don’t know where to start
You want someone to walk you through the very first steps, the key areas to focus on (and the shiny objects to ignore), and the mindset you need to adopt to overcome the self-doubt that inevitably crops up when you dare to try something new.
- You want to learn how to make engaging videos that hook viewers from start to finish
You want to know how to turn even the most complex topics, like finances and data structures, into a story as binge-worthy as The Queen’s Gambit.
IS not PERFECT FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You’re into shortcuts & clickbait tactics
- You’ve mastered the basics of YouTube, grown your audience, and now you just want to become a filmmaking pro (psst..did someone say future filmmaking course?!)
- You want to blindly recreate viral videos instead of learning how to make an engaging video
- You’re only in this for the money or attention
Still on the fence?
I get it…a course about YouTube is nothing new.
Chances are, you’ve been let down by paid courses covering the same basic instructions you’ve heard in every video.
And investing in yourself is scary. Especially when there’s probably a part of you wondering:
“How do I know if this is going to work for me?”
So let’s talk about what “work” means to you for a second.
Because, if by “work”, you mean reaching 10,000 subscribers overnight – then no, definitely not. (Well…unless you already have 9,999 subs. Then, maybe).
But if it means you’ll have:
- Started and named your channel (if you haven’t already)
- Discovered what makes your voice, style, and niche unique on a very competitive platform
- A framework to brainstorm original ideas
- An inner circle who’re there to support you through the highs & lows
- A way of telling stories that’ll keep viewers engaged to the last second
- A workflow to consistently transform an idea in your head to a high-quality video on the screen
- Laid down the foundation that’s going to help you monetize your channel
Then, yes. It’ll work.
BECAUSE CREATING A SUCCESSFUL YOUTUBE CHANNEL ISN’T ABOUT HOW “SPECIAL” OR “LUCKY” YOU ARE – IT’S ABOUT HAVING THE COURAGE TO START THE JOURNEY, COMMITTING TO THE SLOW BURN OF REAL, SUSTAINABLE GROWTH, AND TAKING ONE SMALL (ALREADY LAID OUT) STEP AT A TIME.
I can’t guarantee you’ll 10x your subscribers and earn a full-time income overnight after going through Master YouTube.
But I do guarantee that if you do the work, follow the steps, and commit to moving forward, you’ll have all the tools you need and you’ll feel more confident about what your channel has to offer.
And if you don’t, let me introduce you to…
One last thing…
If you’re down here, you’re probably thinking about going back and piecing together all the glorious free content on YouTube.
My 100% honest take? There’s nothing wrong with the DIY route. Many of your favorite creators – myself included – have created successful YouTube careers through good old trial & error.
But I’m guessing that if you’re here, this approach has only gotten you so far. And it’s likely taking you hours to sift through hundreds videos just to find one useful piece of advice that’s relevant to you.
That’s why I created Master YouTube. It’s filled with the steps I took to go from 0 to 3 million subscribers. And it’s everything I wish I’d known as a brand new creator, all in one handy place.
And if you trust the process, and follow the steps, you’ll spend less time watching endless tutorials and more time intentionally moving towards –
- Connecting and collaborating
with creatives you find inspiring
- Attracting an engaged audience
who will actually show up
- Monetizing your channel with
intention and in a way that feels good
- Feeling comfortable being your weird,
wonderful self on camera
- Making the leap from a 9-5 into a creative career working for yourself
And most importantly?
Making meaningful videos that fulfill your soul.
This all starts by pressing one of the shiny buttons below…
So, what do you say?
Master YouTube By Matt D’Avella, What is it included (Content proof: Watch here!)
- YouTube Watermarks
- #4994 – ‘How I got started on YouTube’ – slowgrowth.com
- #4995 – ‘Develop your content strategy’ – slowgrowth.com
- #4996 – ‘Essential Gear’ – slowgrowth.com
- #4997 – ‘Build your digital toolkit’ – slowgrowth.com
- #4998 – ‘How to edit your videos twice as fast’ – slowgrowth.com
- #4999 – ‘Monetize your channel with intention’ – slowgrowth.com
- 1-How I got started on YouTube
- 2-Get the most from this course
- 3-How to beat the algorithm
- 4-The 3 Keys to Success
- 5-Create your inner circle
- 6-Develop your content strategy
- 7-Name your channel
- 8-Set up your channel
- 9-YouTube Studio Tour
- 10-Essential Gear
- …And more