Learn how to write a persuasive sales page (without selling your soul)
~~ A self-paced, online course ~~
Do you ever find yourself staring at a blank sheet?
Struggling to find the right words to sell without feeling sleazy?
You’re not alone.
Persuasive writing is probably one of the most precious skills anyone in business can possess.
But at school, we’ve not learned the art of persuasion. We’ve not learned how to write compelling content. We’ve not learned how to sell without feeling pushy.
And that’s exactly what this course helps you to do—you learn how to engage and attract your ideal customers, and how to win more business.
Good writing is not a natural gift. You have to learn to write well. ~ David Ogilvy
Learning how to write sales copy is easier than you might think …
The problem is most books and courses only teach you the theory of copywriting.
They don’t demonstrate the copywriting process. They don’t teach you the practical skills and confidence to write copy. They may show you good copywriting examples but they don’t show you bad examples so you don’t learn how to turn so-so copy into persuasive copy that sells.
This course is different …
This is no ordinary copywriting course …
This course is based on my personal experience coaching both non-writers and writers to write their own copy from scratch.
You’ll learn the practical skills to become a confident copywriter—even if you think you’re no good with words:
Learn copywriting techniques one by one
Short video tutorials (+ transcripts) show how to implement copywriting techniques
Sharpen your copy ‘X-ray’ skills
31 activities teach you how to evaluate and improve any sales copy (including your own)
Structure a sales page like a pro
Templates, annotated examples, and detailed instructions demonstrate how to captivate web visitors and how to nudge them to buy
Follow a pain-free copywriting process
Checklists and a detailed case study give you the confidence to produce a non-icky page that sells
This course helps you get unstuck, avoid common copywriting mistakes, and adopt a relaxed approach to selling and marketing.
I found gaps in my copywriting, places where I consistently had missed crucial copywriting elements. By using Henneke’s checklist of copywriting steps and techniques, I plugged holes that were letting sales slip past me.
I’m running my refreshed marketing campaign right now and I’m seeing increased open and click-through rates on newly written emails. Better yet, I’m seeing increased sales and less questions from prospective customers, which tells me I answered all their questions and inspired them to buy through my more compelling copywriting.
~ Karyn Greenstreet, mastermind group expert
As soon as I’d finished the course I pitched for some work writing long-form sales description pages. I would never have done this if I hadn’t taken the course. (…) I won the pitch and the client was very pleased with the work.
~ Julia, copywriter
This course teaches you much more than writing persuasive sales pages. Right from module one I started to incorporate Henneke’s teachings into everything I wrote. Without much effort my communication (…) became clearer, more to the point and hence a lot more effective.
~ Claudia Schalkx, marketing strategist
The Enchanting Copywriting course: Part I
How to write a persuasive sales pageIn the first part of the course, you learn the 4 essential persuasion techniques.
1. Tap into customers’ desires
Learn the Sunshine Method to writing non-icky sales copy that sells
Present your customers as the hero in your sales story so their desire to hire you or to buy your product increases
2. Demonstrate the value of your offer
Balance features and benefits to maximize your persuasiveness (without overpromising)
Use 3 proven methods to communicate your competitive advantage so you can stop competing on price and charge more
3. Instill trust
Apply the persuasive power of specificity so readers trust your sales story
Use 3 types of testimonials as proof (most copywriters get this wrong)
Avoid the types of words that can undermine your trustworthiness
4. Remove barriers
Quash 4 different types of objections that may torpedo your sales
Learn how to frame your pricing so people believe your offer is worth its price and press the Buy button more keenly
The Enchanting Copywriting course: Part II
3 templates are included in the copywriting courseThe second part of this course gives you the tools to compose your sales page so you can communicate your marketing messages clearly.
What you’ll get:
- 3 templates demonstrate how to structure sales pages for products, services, and courses & books
- 8 annotated examples show you how the templates work—and how sales pages tap into desires, demonstrate value, overcome barriers, and build trust
- Detailed guidance on the 6 sections of a sales page so you know exactly what to include:
- The 4W approach to writing headlines and subheadings that captivate new web visitors
- How to write an opening that engages readers emotionally
- How to write heroic bullet points that communicate a ton of persuasive arguments (plus how to use curiosity to get more people to buy)
- The 3 ingredients for a persuasive, concise bio (without sounding arrogant)
- How to write a FAQ section (and how to avoid the mistakes many copwriters make)
- The 5 final steps to a YES!—or how to overcome buyer inertia to get more sales
The Enchanting Copywriting course: Part III
In the third part of this course, you learn the 4-step copywriting process so you can write your page without headaches.
What you’ll get:
- The pre-copywriting checklist: The two types of information you must gather before you start writing
- The copy assembly process: How to assemble a persuasive sales page, even if you’re no good with words
- The 8-point checklist: How to X-ray your copy and ensure it addresses the pain points and desires of your ideal customers, so you can sell more
Sound like a lot?
Yep, it’s a lot. But you’ll work step by step so you won’t feel overwhelmed. The video tutorials are to the point and short (under 11 mins each); the activities reinforce what you’ve learned with real life examples; and the cheat sheets and templates provide helpful reminders.
The Enchanting Copywriting course boosts your confidence as a writer and marketer because it demonstrates how to write your copy, and you learn how to cultivate your copy evaluation skills so you can make your own copy better.
About your tutor
Henneke Duistermaat is an irreverent copywriter on a mission to stamp out gobbledygook.
She has authored the 5-star rated book How to Write Seductive Web Copy, and she’s written about copywriting for popular sites such as Copyblogger and Kissmetrics.
Henneke has an MBA and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing. She stumbled upon her life’s passion when she quit her corporate marketing job and founded Enchanting Marketing to help small business owners and freelancers find their writing voices.
Imagine you’d also write a sales page that gets you more leads and more sales …
Who the Enchanting Copywriting course is for …
This course is for small business owners and solo-flyers—whether you run a niche e-commerce site or small agency, whether you’re a consultant, coach, online teacher, personal trainer, interior designer, copywriter, or other service provider, this course helps you write more compelling copy so you can grow your business.
A course for busy people
Learn at a pace that works for you. Even if you have only 15 minutes, you can watch a video or complete (part of) an activity.
What you’ll get
The Enchanting Copywriting course includes:
- 32 illustrated videos and transcripts that teach you copywriting techniques one by one—plus cheat sheets for quick reference
- 31 activities (with 60+ examples) that test your newly acquired knowledge and help you fine-tune your copy X-ray skills, so you know how to evaluate and improve copy
- 3 handy templates and 8 annotated examples that show how to structure your sales page, whether it’s a service page, a product description, a book or course page
- + 4 free bonuses:
- Companion email series
Receive reminders on essential copywriting tricks, get re-inspired to dip back into the course, and feel supported throughout the course.
- Recorded Q&A Webinar (59 mins)
Get answers on the most common copywriting questions, and learn how to apply your copywriting skills to emails and blog posts.
- Recorded Copywriting Workshop (66 mins)
See how I fix sales pages from fellow students, and learn how to make your page more persuasive so you can sell more.
- A peek-behind-the-scenes
This is a full case study showing you how I wrote this sales page, step by step.